The Onkyo TX-NR1007 also has Audyssey DSX which allows you to use two of the following 3 combinations L/R rear, L/R heights, L/R wide without using an external amplifier.

http://www.audyssey.com/technology/dsx.html

For the height channels my preference would also be the QS speakers unless the speakers are going to be very far away like 15 feet or more and then maybe the M2s might work better. I’m just saying 15 feet because from my limited experience that about were I find I prefer direct radiating surround back speakers over multi-polar speakers like the QS. But the QS speakers will give a great combination of direct and diffuse sound which I believe would work best in most cases.

However, if you plan to also try these speakers out as L/R wide speakers then perhaps direct radiating speakers like the M2 or M22 would work best but not really sure since I haven’t read up on them or tried it myself yet. One thing I have read is that people seem to prefer the wide speakers to the height speakers indicating they make a bigger difference.

I just bought eh Onkyo 3007 and have a pair of M22 I could use as wide or height and could also switch my QS8 surround backs to up front to have a listen. However, things are getting very busy at work an I might not have the time very soon.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1