Originally Posted By: prototype3a
Ok so today I'm leaning towards putting holes in the walls anyway. So... what sort of anchors should I use. I'm thinking the plastic ones that you drive screws into in a size where the plastic part is just slightly smaller than the holes in the brackets and then put a washer on the screw. The other option I think is to find studs and use 3 screws in the center of the bracket.

I just remembered these things came with a manual... I wonder what it says.

Sorta related. I have an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus which is a down firing subwoofer. I have the carpet spikes installed but this place has some pretty deep carpet. I'm wondering if I should put something under it to raise it out of the carpet or possibly put the hard floor discs under the carpet spikes.

Find the studs. You can start with a plug in the wall. The plug is attached to a stud on one side or the other. Studs are generally 16" on center - at least around here. You can measure out with any standard tape measure and get pretty close. To be sure, you can take a drill with a small bit like 1/16 and locate for sure. Not hard, you just have to jump in and do it. When you are ready to leave for good, Spackle the hole and maybe repaint - dependant on your landlord. If he is going to repaint anyway, he will appreciate you patching the holes. Speaking from experience, dude.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill