First off I’m the second “It’s more complicated than that” vote.

Secondly, awesome looking room! And neat workup on the pictures.

Quote:

- I sometimes have the feeling my VP100 is "too much" for my M3s when watching movies. I've tried tweaking the channel level of the VP100 so its more balanced with the M3s and it's a bit better, but not perfect.

Since you tweaked the channel level and that only took care of part of it can you describe more specifically what “too much” still is?

I’m not sure how accurate this is but it might give us a common frame of reference to know what frequencies you are needing help with:

http://www.recordingeq.com/EQ/req0400/OctaveEQ.htm

In the mean time although it doesn’t look like it if you have some placemen flexibility try pulling your speakers out some from the screen and walls. Nearby objects can greatly colour the sound of speakers cause them to sound like they don’t match up as well as the should.

Quote:

- My EP175 churns out more deep bass than I need but I feel the mid-bass aren't enough especially when listening to music. E.g.: In a heavy song like "Sad But True" from Metallica, the guitar lacks "ooomph". The drum kicks in with serious bass but somehow I'm not finding the mid-bass I'm looking for in the guitar.

Based on what you are saying I it does sound like the issue is with your M3s since at an 80Hz crossover they're where most of the guitar is coming from. Ironically the M3 is suppose to have a bit of a mid-bass hump to make it sound a little “fuller.”

You mentioned trying different crossovers. Have you tried setting your M3s to 90, 100, 110, 120. I wouldn’t normally recommend a higher crossover for normal use but if the mid-bass improves by sending more of it to the EP175 that might be good indication it’s really the M3 that aren’t performing.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1