Nice pick up. You are correct it is not really dyslexia I’m diagnosed with but rather than try to explain it every time I just say dyslexia since it gets the point across. I also have much better comprehension/retention than average.

I was never tested as a child because my father was in denial that I might have an issue. You may or may not have noticed, as there’s a few Canadians on the forum, but most of the time I use English rather than American spellings. That’s because my grandmother (from England) got pissed at my dad and took it upon herself to teach me to read and write so I picked up a lot of English mannerisms.

Just for the hell of it when I attended UW Madison after leaving the Marine Corps I got tested and they identified I did have a problem. Though they said it was not actually dyslexia that if fit close enough that they would put me in that category if I wanted thus allowing me more time for tests and such. I declined so as not to have anything like that in my records since things like that can come back and haunt you in the military. Besides by that time I had already figured out workarounds like going to professors half a semester early to pick up the reading list and prolifically highlighting for later reference. Since then I’ve learned that audio books are my friend.

It’s also part of why I hate distractions in my peripheral vision while watching movies/gaming, total blackout is the only way to go.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1