Originally Posted By: grunt
I started to read Dune and got about 3 chapters in and gave up. Because of my dyslexia I’m a very slow reader and the story was taking way to long to develop. Back then I was more of a “Lucky Star” and “Doc Savage” fan. I have read most of the “classic” scifi novels but don’t think I’ve read any novels since 2010 (book not year, realized in a month that comment would seem odd). I switched to non fiction when I went back to university sociology, social psychology, political economy, economics, religious/cultural history…you know the interesting stuff. ;\)

I didn't care much for Dune - in fact, I never made it through the VHS. On the other hand, my daughter set up a facebook account for me. I don't pay much attention to it but I did get pingged by some of my old High School buds. We got into a reminisc thing and the movie Doc Savage came up. It was played by Ron Ely, as I recall and it was subtitled "The Man of Bronze".

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill