All good points. The thing to remember that all technology is driven by the consumer. The greater the demand for something, the quicker it will become widely available. Maturation of the technology will then lower the cost to what most of us can afford as competition and internal components become widely available.

I don't believe in my heart of hearts that most of america's buying power could tell you the difference between very good DVD signal and HDTV in a typical living environment. And that's assuming that they even knew enough or cared enough to buy "very good" standard DVD in the first place.

This is only my OPINION, but based on it, I would say it will be a long while before HD-DVD is in everyones living room (and in turn affordable).

As far as televisions go..you know when everyone will have a flat, HDTV compatible one? When they're no different in price than what people would expect to pay for a "regular" TV. I think LCD is pushing that envelope which makes sense because it's part of the maturation process.

From what I've read about speakers, what these guys say is absolutely true. The least of your worries.

Electronics from my few months exposure seem to be a lot like computers. If you keep waiting, there will always be something better "right" around the corner.

-Nick

My M60's make me listen
My M80's make my ears hear
Either way - I'm not deaf anymore