Originally Posted By: jakewash
After many hours of reading threads on avsforums, I have come to the conclusion it really doesn't matter which one you buy these days, they all have some sort of issue, ie. banding, flashlighting, lag, and you hope you buy the one that doesn't develop any major problems/breakdowns.

I am now stuck between the Panasonic 54" Plasma G10 and anyone of the LED back lit LCD's, the LG 55" H90 series is at the front of the pack at the momment, a good price point and picture for the cost.

I hear what you are saying.....I spent many hours on AVS before I bought my LCD TV. Reports of Flashlighting and Clouding had me concerned. In the end, after several hours of viewing for myself in big box stores, I went ahead and purchased. When I got home, I had both the dreaded Flashlighting AND Clouding. My first thought was..."I knew it!". But....both "problems" were only visible in gray screen or blank screen mode. In actual useage, it has never been an issue. Moral: Take the AVS rants with a grain....I am sure that there are legit issues discussed but a lot of those guys will pick a nit of a nit of a nit.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill