Originally Posted By: mikecoscia
Looking to pick up the Epic 80 system plus one extra QS8, and was eying this amp. Was wondering if anyone had any issues with it.

I have an LPA-1, which is the same thing as the UPA-7 except that the 6+7 channels on the UPA are the same as the 1-5, whereas on the LPA-1 the 6/7 channels are handled by less powerful amps. So, the UPA-7 is superior. I've had the LPA-1 for almost 3 years now.

No problems at all running my M80V2's, VP150, and QS8's. M80's are bi-wired/bi-amped on channels 1/2 and 3/4, VP150 is on 5, QS8's are on 6 and 7. Very happy with the setup. Beautiful, crisp, clear sound. Out to and beyond LOUD levels.

I have had one shutdown problem. But I caused it by stupidly and accidentally shorting a speaker wire while moving a speaker when my system was powered up. It correctly shut itself down when that happened. Powered right back up after cycling the power.

Others have had problems with Emo's higher-end amps, running various 4-ohm speakers (not just M80's). But I don't recall ever reading of anyone having problems with the "low end" amps and 4-ohm speakers.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office