Originally Posted By: Dr.House
I don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread but the UMC-1 is being delayed...again. For those still interested in this product you should go over to their forums and read up on the latest information .

It is crazy over there. Dan sending out private messages to everyone to remain calm and respect each other, rampant flame wars, breakdown of discussion, ugly name calling, etc. The Emo Lounge is not a happy family right now. Very "emo" indeed. ;\)

Now I like my LPA-1, but the UMC-1 gets my vote for the Home Theater Vaporware product of the decade. They've been saying "soon" for three years now. The whole UMC-1 debacle is absolutely ridiculous. I had been on the pre-order list for 2.5 years when I finally decided that enough was enough and canceled. I wish the UMC-1 well, but I decided months ago that I'm not waiting for it any longer. It may be the best prepro ever made, but I've lost a lot of confidence in Emotiva's abilities because of this whole mess.

Of course, my alternative to the UMC-1 was always going to be the Outlaw 990 ... <crickets chirping>

Before long, I'm going to be driven back into the mass-market arms of Denon or Pioneer. Perhaps overpriced, but at least they're able to get stuff done. ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office