Thanks again everyone for the responses. If I was going to make the purchase today, I'd be inclined toward the VP100 center, the M3s for the sides, and the EP350 sub. As folks pointed out, I have more room than I thought in the tv cabinet.

Just a few final questions for anyone interested in providing additional thoughts:

"T2s" were mentioned in an earlier response as being designed for cabinets. I don't see any Axiom products that are T2s. Is that another company's brand?

I said above the M3s, rather than M2s, just because they seem to be a "step up" at little extra cost. Would folks say M3s are a better bet?

On the M3s, again I just want to verify that putting them in a cabinet will be o.k. and that having them sitting on their sides will not be a problem.

When I read the descriptions of the subs, it actually seems the 175 is about right for the size of my room (about 17' x 10' (maybe 12') with eight foot ceilings). Seems to be general support for the 350 though (which I think I may have in my basement, but I can't remember any more). Is there going to be a huge difference between the two subs? I'm not looking to shake the walls, just to have a nice viewing experience when I watch TV in the bedroom. I actually do most TV watching in the basement.

Again, you all are very helpful and it is much appreciated.