Mark, do you still have your Grumpy old Man hat handy to lend to Savant? I lost mine throwing it at kids on my lawn.

While I agree with you in some ways, (mediocre is mediocre no matter how you dress it up(and Medic8r is Medic8r, except when he is BigWyRes.)) I generally applaud when new generations take music, change and turn it into their own, even if I don't care for it much. Reminds me of when my parent's couldn't understand my music.

For me, Grunge was a refreshing change from the mediocrity of radio pop that never seems to evolve much. Now, I'm even into "some" of the more innovative Nu Metal groups now at age 40. Although the rampant copy cat stuff falls into your mediocre category.

Can't say I'm a big emo fan but it certainly sparked it's own culture proving that it has mass appeal to that group of people. I try to be open minded to their opinions verses mine and remember that I used to like some pretty questionable music in my youth as well. Some of it stood the test of time. Others.... faltered into oblivion where it belonged.

Love your list though, you certainly can't go wrong there. Not familiar with Television though. All the rest are great!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.