Originally Posted By: JohnK
Remarkable development, Cam, including the wheelchair application, of course. What's the present status of entirely voice-controlled wheelchairs?

John, I've never seen or heard a voice-controlled wheelchairs(they use the technology for all kinds of the assistive devices around the house), but I would assume they would be difficult to operate in a noisy environment. The most advanced technology I have seen for controlling a wheelchair is called "sip and puff". High level injury quadriplegics (just slightly over my level) use it because they cannot move their head to control their wheelchair. Christopher Reeve (whom I had the pleasure to meet) controlled his wheelchair this way; it's similar to a "call bell" that I used in the hospital when I had no mobility.

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

Seriously, not to sound overly paranoid, but who's to say it next controlled by remote from a guy down the hall?

Mark, I was wondering the same, but considering the source (Canadian Paraplegic Association), I highly doubt that would be the case.

You guys are too funny, I have enough silly things go on when I'm drinking and can only imagine what would happen if I had this setup!

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.