Originally Posted By: Potatohead
I agree with cb above, in that the test tones should wake the sub. My receiver will output 10 pulses, and the sub is awake and firing fast enough to transmit seven of them. If the sub is physically turned on and the test tones are heard without an issue, there is no reason to believe this issue of not waking up is any fault of the receiver.

A work around obviously is to physically turn on and off the sub each time you watch TV, but obviously this is not ideal, especially on a new, expensive sub. Of course if there is any point in watching TV where there is no LFE for a while the sub may go to sleep anyway, and then you're back to square one.

Back to square one is where it went last night. It was the first time that I was paying enough attention to isolate the drop out - either when I played the CD or that the Planet Earth signal was not strong enough. It was also the first time I was able to duplicate the drop out.

Another subtlety here is that I have all speakers set to small and crossing at 80 so when the sub drops out, I am missing bass as well as LFE.

Hopefully, the new amp will clear all this up.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill