Fed Ex finally delivered the amp - our dirt road is still covered in snow/ice and they refused to try to make the house. I had to call them, give them my number to give to the driver. He called and my wife went to the end of the pavement and picke it up. I installed it last night. I calibrated with the SPL meter and I put in Transformers 2. This time I set the receiver to +5 instead of +3 and adjusted with the volume knob on back. So far so good. I turned it off so the amp went to sleep and I tested with Modern Warfare Xbox. That game was not waking up the old amp consistently. After about 15 minutes I turned on the Xbox and the sub woke up right off. There are changes - no trim knob - no dedicated input / output jack. It has an adapter to the female XLR input that you plug the sub cable into. The adapter has a much snugger fit than the purple input / output jacks on the original. It also has a subsonic filter feature that the old one did not have.

Replacing is relatively easy but I had to take the woofer out to get the new wires connected. That made me a little nervous - only because I could see me getting butter fingers, slipping and puncturing the woofer - but all went well.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill