Mike I've always thought of comb filtering as being the same as cancellation due to one signal being fed through two different speakers, which evidently *should* be the case of using two centers like you are suggesting. I don't have any known cancellation issues with the upper and lower centers of our setup and surly haven't had any issues with off center screen dialog, in our application the two centers center punch the dialog squarely onto the center of the screen, but of course YMMV. I personally believe tweaking the angle of the speakers so that they are aimed directly to the listening position makes a lot of difference whether the dialog gets planted to the center of the screen or not.

If comb filtering and cancellation are not the same then maybe somebody can enlighten us?

Just curious, aren't you using two M22s as center channels? If so, maybe you could somehow place one above your screen and one below as an experiment ... even if they block the screne you may still get a good idea of how a two center application like that may sound.

BTW ... The little missus just left for a couple of days so I'll certainly throw the 100 on the bottom of the TV and give it a good workout for you and Rick, I'll report back to you guys a little later on this afternoon.

Last edited by RickF; 01/28/10 05:05 PM.

Rick
Our Room

smile