Originally Posted By: grunt
I switched over about two years ago and will never go back. I suggest you get things set up and have a listen both with the VP150 and using a phantom center (tell your receiver you don‘t have a center channel hooked up and it will play the center equally through the mains). Though not exactly like using a M80 center using a phantom center with your M80 mains will simulate what the change from the VP150 will sound like at least at the sweet spot. You may find the difference isn’t worth it for you. You could also try it with your current setup but I’ve found room characteristics play a big role in how much difference the center speaker makes.

If you do decide to make the switch this might work for you:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/tradeup.html

Cheers,
Dean

P.S. Hi Ken.

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm still a couple weeks away (hopefully) from moving my audio gear from my family room into the theater. I think I'm probably going to go for it as I've never been completely happy with the VP150 (more for music than movies), and I've always thought that it might be because the M80's just sound so good it can't quite keep up. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway, it might be worth a try with the 30 day return policy.