Originally Posted By: SRoode
I have had the same thoughts about using a speaker that is basically the same as the M80 as my center channel. Although the VP150 is a wonderful speaker, I have to cross it over differently than the M80s (90Hz vs 60Hz) and I can hear a difference when listening to music. A vertical mount M80 for a center is not possible with my theater layout.

I contacted Ian about a month or so ago about the possibility of constructing a custom center channel for me based on the M80. Same drivers, cabinet size and crossover, but horizontally designed with the drivers placed accordingly. To my surprise (although at this point I probably should not be!) Ian was up for the challenge.

According to Ian, the speaker has passed the computer design phase and by this point may even be fabricated. Axiom will be testing the speaker and be performing double blind listening tests before releasing it. If Axiom is satisfied with the quality, Ian may be considering releasing it as part of the product line.

I'm hoping I receive it in several weeks or so, and if I do, I will be sure to post pictures and give you all my review.

Any word on the driver configuration or size?