From 09/16/2004...

Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I know that this has probably been beaten to death here, but I thought that I would ask. We are putting a theater area in our basement, but I need to know if I will gain any benefits from anything about 5.1 surround.

I don't own Axioms yet, but I will be getting M22ti fronts, VP-150 center, QS-8 Surrounds, and a to be determined sub (dare I say most likely not an Axiom???). Anyhow. We will be putting up a nice 90-100" screen and projector (phase 2 of my money spending) and I want "WOW" kind of sound. The home I moved from 2 years ago had a dedicated home theater room, but just a 48" TV and KLH (yuck) speakers. I know that I am going to be amazed by the Axioms, but I need to know if I should start wiring for 6.1 or 7.1 and more importantly, if I should start saving some extra cash to buy the addition speaker(s)....

Here is a link to a picture that is fairly to scale of our basement. The screen will go on the far right side of the "top" part of the diagram.

I am just afraid of sound getting "lost" behind the seating area, but I have already agreed with my wife that we will not be making a separate room for this. WIth a 980SqFt basement (small if you ask me) for our newer 2 story home, I don't want to chop it up.

And No, the other area is a game room and must remain a game room. It is tucked away nice and neat for a home theater, but then all of my big toys would be in the main basement area and my wife said "no way!"....

Anyway, any help would be great.

Here is the link to the basement diagram...

http://www.buol.us/images/basement.jpg

Nick

Last edited by nickbuol; 02/16/10 04:46 AM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020