Hmmmm... the theory is valid, however I'd think M80's on some of those metal stands would look rather strange. What might look good would be stands made to look like an extention of the speaker, so that when screwed into the bottom of the M80, it looked like a taller version of the M60. I've always liked the way the M60 looks actually, and if they made some 'bottoms' that matched the same finish and everything, I'd probably look into buying something like that. The seam might look a bit distracting though, so perhaps if it flaired out a bit from the bottom of the speaker to the floor it would look more natural... I dunno, just brain storming a bit.

I found that tilting the front of the speaker up just slightly (I put two spacers under the front feet, no spacers under the back feet) gave me better performance. Now the top tweeter is firing just above my head while the bottom tweeter is directed right at ear level. Before the top tweet was at ear level while the bottom tweet fired at my chin.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD