I agree, and especially if this sort of thing gets out into the wild and not just forums haunted by us nut-jobs. I admit I was very leery shopping for $1,000s in speakers online having never even made an online purchase before. OTOH I have a pretty good BS detector and relied on it considerably. Unfortunately many people are to trusting so I was hoping to make something positive of this by collecting advice on smart online audio shopping in one place. And not just the “what speaker should I buy stuff.”

The other thing that got me thinking about this is another hyper popular online company that just went through some internal drama. That company has set off my warning flags on several occasions but increasingly more people are popping up asking about it’s products. Like someone at AVS said today that there are so many reputable speaker companies out there with impeccable records why take the risk. Well greed and feeling like you’re getting a “smokin” deal are powerful motivators that seem to inhibit cognition.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1