Originally Posted By: sirquack
aok, the center is primarily for the dialog/voices in movies/music, so it does not need to be full range. How do you have your settings in the receiver and where is it positioned?
It's roughly an 19'W x 18'L x 12'H room with a standard 7.1 system with the sub behind the couch. The setup takes up 10'W x 14'L of one end of the room.

I also have the 2 M80v2, 4 QS8v2 and EP500v2 and they've been calibrated. The fronts are large, while everything else is small. The fronts are 13' from my sitting position.

Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Can you tell us about your center channel's placement? Speaker placement had an enormous effect on how a speaker will sound in a room.
It's located inside a cabinet exactly like the BDI Avion except it's not enclosued by a a front door and screen. The only screen covering the speaker is the oem screen.

Originally Posted By: Dr.House
I know its not generally recommended but have you ever tried setting your center channel to "large" in the receiver settings so it runs full range. This might help.
I've tried both. I can't tell much of a difference but I think large seems to make it worse.

I don't know...the theater sounds like it has more depth.

Last edited by a_ok2me; 03/21/10 07:14 PM.