Mike, I usually wouldn't take the time to reply to someone incensed over a slight to them that didn't actually occur, but I'm surprised that after all this time you don't know me better than that. What was intended in that second paragraph was humor, not condescension. It was simply a playful follow-up on your thought that your proposal was something that had never been done before in combining Axiom speakers(not even by Jay and Mojo!).

As to the actual point involving the splitting of one output or combining two outputs with a Y, as Alan pointed out, the combining has been the subject of questions to him. Also, I can recall at least two occasions on the forum when Rick Widner and I cautioned someone about this, and so I thought this might have been the previous discussion about Y-connectors that you were referring to.

Since you were actually referring to someone elsewhere who had the notion that even splitting a single output with a Y was a bad idea, the comment first would be that it's been done probably millions of times with no problems when wired correctly. Splitting the output in this way creates a parallel circuit with the two input resistances. A relatively simple discussion(no condescension implied by that description)of the results can be found here . Note that a parallel circuit isn't a "voltage divider"(that's what a series circuit is)and as illustrated in fig.3-38, each input receives the same voltage as the source outputs. There's no apparent factual support for the concern of this other poster and you can proceed with confidence.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.