Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I notice another trend in lib think, if someone disagrees, attack them personally.

It's not just liberals who are guilty of this. The conservative movement/Republican party trumps the Democrat party in terms of groupthink. There were no Republicans who voted for HCR, but there were Democrats that voted against it. The Republican Party is the one in the lockstep. Another example of casting out those who beg to differ or even cast unfavorable light on you: ask David Frum why he was just booted out of his conservative think tank. The answer is here in his opinion piece. Some followup is here.

I'll grant you that there are some loud, annoying ultra-liberals out there. The PETA types can be holier-than-thou and antagonistic. I don't sign on with them. They're too far out there for me. Each side has its wingnuts. Those of us who like to think that we are closer to the middle of the spectrum than the extremes don't do ourselves any favors when we puff ourselves up by doing a little downward comparison to the wingnuts. Rather, a discussion like this one can be more productive, I would hope.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.