The last time I went to the movie theater was around 10 years ago. They just built a brand new Galaxy Cinema, and there was a lot of hype built up around its accessibility, so I thought I would check it out.

The movie theater was extremely accessible with ramps everywhere that looked like they were part of the Cinema (they didn't stand out like a ramp made out of wood). So, my friend and I get into the theater to get ready for the movie, and their wheelchair seating section was for rows from the screen. Now, it wouldn't have been so bad if you are sitting in a "theater chair" and slightly tilted back, but my wheelchair was positioned on a flat surface (essentially the walkway) and I had to tilt my head back to look at this gigantic screen. Needless to say, I only lasted about 10-15 minutes, then had to watch the remainder of the movie with my head straight and my eyes looking up. I couldn't get up the next day because my neck was so sore.

It continues to amaze me how things are designed to be accessible, but they're only done so partially, as with this case, or not at all.

My friends and family are very aware of the accessibility issues, even if they're designed with accessibility in mind.

That's just one instance, no need to carry on about others.

Oh wait, one more: if there's someone waiting in line at an elevator that has mobility issues, or someone with a stroller etc., give them the right of way! That really ticks everyone I know off.

Well, that's my rant for the day, or moment at least \:\) .

PS. I don't claim to have any sort of hierarchy, just trying to inform for the better.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.