Originally Posted By: medic8r
I almost went to Duke. I got more scholarship money from and had a nicer campus visit to Notre Dame, so there ya go.

A couple of years ago, I saw ND lose a close football game at Carolina. They had good barbecue at the stadium, though, so it wasn't a total loss. And Franklin St was fun.

2 years ago when we won the NCAA Basketball Championship, my daughter called me up the next day and said "DAD! I almost got trampled on Franklin last night! \:D " She was at a house near Franklin and she and her friends sprinted to Franklin. They were among the first to arrive. The crowds continued to pour in until in the middle of the street, you couldn't move. She tripped and fell and people immediately begin stepping on her. Her roommate was screaming at people and trying to help her up but almost went down herself. Just when she was starting to panic, she said these 2 huge hands picked her up from behind. Turned out to be a guy from the football team that was in one of her classes. He calmed her down and said "I'm gonna get you to the side". He kept her in front of him and got her and her roomie to the periphery where she stayed for the remainder of the "celebration". She told me the story like it was "cool". As a dad, it just scared the crap out of me. Apparently the crowds were similar to the ones my brother experienced when the Heels won in '83.

Last edited by Argon; 05/08/10 02:18 AM.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill