Originally Posted By: michael_d
I didn't read all your rant Mica, but I get the jist and concur....

What's this 'fourth' color addition all about? Yellow is already there in a color gamut as a secondary color.

I have to admit that I did enjoy Avatar in the theater in 3-D, but the glasses killed it for me. Every ten minutes or so I had to pull them off and rub my eyes.

I would concur with the question on the addition of this "yellow" color business. As has already been stated, yellow is already a "secondary" color in the spectrum that really doesn't have a significant effect in the overall picture so I don't know what the big deal is. Once again another marketing "gimmick" to fool the public in to thinking they are getting something new that is really already there. If one wants to really carry it a giant step further then buy one of the new "Video EQ"s or Video EQ Pro's from Spectracal(AV Foundry)and it will let you play with and totally calibrate all SIX primary and secondary colors on your existing monitor. You won't need a new television.

As far as 3D movies are concerned, Ebert is right. How many of them can really take advantage of this "not so new" technology.
At $279 a pop on top of the price of the monitor, Samsung's 3D glasses, for the average consumer, could be a deal breaker.