Originally Posted By: Captain4105
JC: I too have a question as I have been agonizing for over a year about this issue. I too listen to classical music. I have considered all options and have just about decided on the M60's (I don't like the extra expense for the M22 stands and I just like the look of the M60's and "feel" they would better integrate the frequency spectrum). I have about 2000 cu ft of space and the room is a rectangle with a up-sloping ceiling from 9-16 ft. I'll be sitting about 12 feet from the speakers and they will be aligned along the longer wall of the rectangle and I be be sitting just opposite the speakers. I am thinking that to get the maximum lows I'll use a sub as well...one that goes down to 18Hz should cover it and the sub may be used for an HT some day (Hsu VTF-2 MK3?). My present Speakerlab sub (circa 1979) goes down to about 25Hz. You mentioned a powerful amp...what do you consider powerful? I'm considering a Denon 2310 or 3310 or something similar. Any suggestions for other options? Please, all feel free to comment as well. Regards...Lee

Lee,
Without hesitation, I would opt for the M60v2. You have plenty of room volume to let them breath and to push them hard. I, like you, am reluctant to spend money on a speaker stand. I can't see the benfit of a bookshelf speaker on a stand versus a floor standing model except for miniscule enclosed room and even then.

Always invest as much as your budget will allow you to in a high quality powerful amplifier; you will be well rewarded. Your Axiom speakers will perform better; you will be well rewarded. I received so many comments from Axiom speaker owners who are amazed at the improvement they are getting from their Axiom speakers when they upgrade their electronics. In their system, their speakers never are the limiting factor.

jc