Originally Posted By: sirquack
"Stuck" with them, like they suck? \:\) Yes they could be used as rear speakers, assuming you have enough distance between you and them. Also, there is no breakin time on speakers, so the m80's will sound great right out of the box, and the same 5 years from now.

No they are great I just have no use for them now. I really don't have much interest in a 7.1 system, but its a shame for them to just sit in a garage. They would be 1 foot behind me and 1 foot from the wall. I had no idea speakers did not need break in time thanks for the info.

Originally Posted By: sonicfox
Are the M80s THAT much better than the M60s? If they are, I'm in trouble if I get to hear them when I visit the factory in September! I'm really afraid I'd buy a pair if they really ARE that much better.

Well I don't wont to say much, because I really haven't done much with them yet. But first impression is they destroy the M60s IMHO, now before everyone lines up to beat me let explain why. Now keep in mind this is first impression only.

While watching Star Trek on Blu Ray at my normal volume level 60 out of 100. The M80s filled the room with sound while at that volume I could not tell if the M60s was working properly. Seriously it sounds crazy but to get the M60s to sound right, the volume would need to be on 68 at least.

Which is just to loud for the rest of the setup. Now I know a lot of you are thinking lower everything 8 points and enjoy. I tried it and it just made the sound feel weird, the M60s would sound like I wanted but everything else felt empty. Now keep in mind I know the difference I am hearing could all be in my head, my head is now much happier with the M80s. I don't care what anyone tells me, I am getting better sound with M80s. Simply because I don't have to crank it to hear my fronts while watching a movie.

I plan on watching Star Trek and Dark Knight tonight in there entirety, also some SACDs so I will let you know if my first impressions stand up

Now I need a center that does that too, because like everyone said now the center is to low compared to the M80s.

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560