Originally Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki
Hello fellas. I am thinking of getting some speakers from Axiom, but since I am a totally newbie on audio matters I would like to get some help from you guys. My first question is regarding what speakers should I get. I have read a couple of comments stating that getting 3 bookshelfs speakers is better than getting 2 plus a center. What would you guys recommend me? Initially my idea was to get 2 M22 for the front plus a VP150 for the center. Should I get 3 M22's instead? As for the surround 2 QS8's would be my first choice, but since my room is very small since I am from Japan, I have been wondering if the QS4's would be enough for me. My room is 10 W x 10 D x 8 H. As you can see it is indeed very small. Since I am still getting a AV receiver and I am kinda on a tight budget I am not getting the subwoofer right now. But I would love some suggestions on this matter though. Another thing that has been going on my mind is about the speakers cabble. Does the speakers come with it or do I need to buy it? SInce I am not in USA finding some brands may be a problem. What do you guys think of Monster? Would that be okay? Please let me know. Thanks for all the help to come. \:\)

That is a pretty small room. Are you a university/college student or live in a small one bedroom apartment? Is there a computer and television in this room? I would think setting up all that surround equipment like the receiver and other accessories like the stands and especially bigger/tall bookshelf speakers like the M22 the room would feel quite crammed.

I would recommend going along the lines of a home theatre PC, active or passive studio monitors for your mains as well as a quality pair of headphones. Being in Japan there are some excellent manufacturers like Audio Technica that make quality headphones that come from your home country.

If you are you not using this system for home theatre I would skip the centre channel and surround speakers all together. If you are using it for home theatre as well than something like the M2's or M3's paired with the QS4 and a receiver should work very well.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne