I know this is going to sound like I'm an absolute idiot when t comes to electricity (which isn't far from the truth), but I'm just thinking outloud (well, typing out loud... No wait I'm... Oh nevermind) so bare with me...

Since heat is one of the main limiting factors when it comes to amps, and thermal shut-down, I'm just curious if it would be at all possible to create a 'liquid cooled' amplifier? Of course I don't mean submerging the amp in water, but merely creating an enclosed casing around the heat sink with some sort of circulating liquid to cool it down. So long as the liquid didn't touch anything but the heat sink, wouldn't that be possible?

I can understand that its probably cost prohibitive to design such a system, and the danger of the liquid escaping into the electical part of the amp has undesirable side-effects to say the least. I'm just wondering if any really high-end/high capasity amplifiers have ever incorporated this kind of cooling technology into their design, or if its simply impossible to combine liquid cooling with an electrical amplifier?

Again, I'm just thinking (typing) out loud, so don't laugh too hard if the notion is perposterous.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD