micah, often times the heat-sinks are NOT the majority of the weight, usually the heat sinks are aluminum fins, and with aluminum being light and a good conductor of heat, this is an idea metal to use... the majority of the weight of an amp is the power transformer.. next time your at lowes or home depot, go to the electrical isle and look for a transformer (you will see what i mean then)

as far as liquid cooled, you have to think about the market here... most of the liquid cooled pc's that i see are gaming pc's for guys that want to tinker, ect... most HT people want to plug their stuff up and go...

if you can keep the transistors cool, yes you can push them much harder, its called thermal breakdown... when they get to hot... just like your computer, the more you cool it, the faster you can make the processor run.... similar idea.

Right now i have Krell amps, and they are class A amps. so they do get Quite hot. i personally would not want a class D amp powering my main speakers, i guess im old fashion... but my amps cap out at 500W per channel.... Sounds like i would probably be better off getting an older Krell that will produce the power im looking for.....

Thanks for you inputs guys, i appreciate it.