Sorry to add another opinion to confuse the issue but here is another suggestion.

If you can fit a M2 bookshelf speaker below or above the screen then get 3 M2s for the left/center/right speakers. 2 QS8s for surrounds and an EP350 subwoofer. Purchased from the factory outlet this package would cost 1,563.08CAD. Plus whatever you need to pay to buy or make some stands for the M2 if you don’t already have something to put them on.

Even if you get other speakers consider the factory outlet to get the additional 10% off. I’ve purchased all but my last 4 speakers from the outlet and they arrived in perfect condition.

The reason I suggested the M2 instead of the M22 like I would have in the past is that I just got done testing the M2 against the M22 and when using a subwoofer with them I couldn’t tell them apart. Unless they plan to listen to lots of 2 channel stereo I don’t think they will notice any difference between the M2s and the M22s when using a subwoofer.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1