All company forums have fanboys including this one. However, you really had to witness the degree it from the AV123 camp. Nothing can compare. Referring to the AV123 following as a cult would not be a understatement IMO. There was constant reinforcement from the loyal av123 fanbase on how great the president of the company was and the philanthropy he took part in (sigh). Not just within their own circle but spread throughout the entire audio community.

What separated the AV123 following from other companies was the downplaying of individuals with complaints, undelivered products, late products, defective products, refunds, unanswered phone calls and emails etc while at the same offering that reinforcement how great the company and the people were. This is something that would not be tolerated here and elsewhere with other companies (not all).

If there was an issue elsewhere , the apologists would quickly rush in for damage control with great numbers, reinforcing the great service, products and generosity of the president. In hindsight it was all misinformation and spin control.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne