Originally Posted By: Riker
What bothers me the most is that the speakers have plenty of bass where they are currently located, but In order to bask in that wonderfull bass, I would have to sit 3 feet in front of them, which is not practical. I am not sure that moving the speakers would help since they sound really good where they are, except when I sit down on my loveseat, the bass is greatly reduced. What I will try this afternoon or tonight is to remove my seat completely and try a combination of different chairs at the same location, then move the chair that sounded the best backwards and forwards until I find the best sound. If that does not yield good results, then I will flip the room around 180 and see what effect that has.

These are brand new speakers that I got a week ago and in every respect they are superior to my previous pair. The previous pair had considerably less bass capabilities so I had to run them with the Subwoofers all the time, otherwise it sounded way to thin. But these new ones have really good bass for small drivers. It is a transmission line design with under hung drivers, similar to Thiel and Wilson. The bass out of these is of sufficient enough quantity and quality that I don't need a subwoofer engaged to hear good music. On movies, well the subs are obviously on.

Well, If you only get bass sitting 3 feet away from them, it doesn't matter how good the bass is. I mean to me, it only matters to me how good a speaker sounds at my listening position.

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990