Originally Posted By: Worfzara
Stick around here long enough and we will put lots of ideas in your head, but you already know that!

OK, I am gonna ask, why do you need an external DAC?

Because of the way I listen to my music. All of my music is on my Network Attached Storage in FLAC, WAV and some MP3 but few of that format. Mostly all FLAC. These files are then streamed via my Sonos devices to various places in the house. The Sonos device that is connected to my main system in the basement sends the digital signal to my Anthem AVM20 pre-amp who does the DAC function. After some testing, and much to my dismay, the DAC in my $300 pioneer BD Player sounds better than the DAC in my $5K Anthem (AKM DACs)!. Since I don't listen to music on CDs via my BD player, I am going to purchase an external DAC that is better than both, and put it between my Sonos device and my Anthem, which will then receive the analog signal and just pass it along to the amps / speakers. I'm looking seriously at the Benchmark DAC-1

Are you sorry you asked now ? smirk

Last edited by Riker; 09/17/10 12:40 AM.

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400