Originally Posted By: JohnK
Yeah Stephane, putting either the speakers or your ears very close to the wall behind them increases the bass. From your measurements, it appears that the back of the speakers were already only about 13" from the wall, but since there're no rear ports, have you tried putting them just an inch from the wall to see if that similarly increases the bass, but with a closer sitting position?

As to a separate DAC, it's unclear how anyone can "hear" how one sounds independent of everything else. An audibly significant difference due to that alone is highly unlikely these days.

Hi John, I appreciate your sugestion of moving the speakers closer to the wall as opposed to moving my seat back..but I think the seat was definitively in a bass NUL where it was. Although it was in a perfect postion from a room point of view, it was in the worse position from an audio point of view.

As for DAC, as I mentionned in a post just a few minutes ago, I can definitively hear the difference between the best WAV rip I can do on my computer and the original WAV on CD, which means to me that the DAC in my BD player is better than the DAC in my Anthem. Which further means that I need to invest in a high quality external DAC that is better than both of my devices. The Benchmark DAC-1 is on my very short list.

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400