My PDA seems to be dying. It's probably just the battery, but it's done a few flaky things over the past 6 months and has become VERY unreliable the last day or two. Batteries aren't all that expensive, but the PDA has been beat up a bit over the last 3-4 years, and I've been getting tired of carrying a separate PDA and phone everywhere anyway.

I don't really care about internet use on a phone (at least, not at the moment). What's critically important is syncing my calendar, contacts and maybe even my task list with Outlook (currently Office 2003, though I'm open to updating to the new Office if needed). I'd also like to be able to sync Word docs if possible.

Multimedia is less important to me. I've always used a phone as a phone, then again maybe it's time to get with the times.

My initial feelings are that Blackberry is better for business and the Droid is better for multimedia.... but maybe I'm believing marketing hype. Neither site seems to be very helpful... they're both all about "coolness" and anyone who knows me knows that I don't even try to fake that.

Anyone have experience to share?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::