Originally Posted By: Adrian
That's an awfull tragedy Rick. That cop should be behind bars.

Instead- released with pay, most likely.

Originally Posted By: JohnK
Cam, possibly if your work had been associated with law enforcement officers as mine has been, you would have observed an overwhelming preponderence of good guys trying to do a tough job.

A tough job, yes John. I can't work, but I have been devoutly involved in sociopolitical studies for 10 years. Many that know me would claim I'm too involved because it consumes so much of my time. Also, my uncle was a cop, and a distant friend is too. It's axiomatic that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

I do believe that if grassroots, independent news isn't integrated into peoples lives, they don't see the true frequency of injustices.

Isn't everyone nice to attorneys? Especially if you're representing them or their cohorts smile .

To cite a local story that involved a lot of officers- Quite a few years back, the Peterborough force relocated an entire RIDE program because the original location was on the highway a short distance from another officers party/police function.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.