That's the way an officer should conduct themselves with no threat of violence etc.

Although, I've been skeptical of the audio in those recordings for a long time; that's just the way I am with everything.

Originally Posted By: jakewash
Much easier to find bad instances than good ones, no surprise there

I don't think that's true, especially with mainstream media. It's engrained in us to not question authority, and having a discussion with most people about abhorrent activities of police is like beating your head against the wall- it's never their fault.

Example- everyone has heard about Rodney King, but what about Amadou Diallo? The Amadou case is far worse than Rodney Kings, but these instances never garner the same media attention for a couple reasons, but a main one is they found out what can happen as a result - the L.A race riots (and overall nation wide reaction).

I will say that there ARE good cops, and they're a necessity in our current society. BUT, the good cops will still show up (support or sit idly by) for the bad ones- the blue code of silence. A cop will NEVER call out or report another cops wrongdoing, and that is just plain hypocritical and wrong!

Last edited by wheelz999; 10/02/10 05:33 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.