Originally Posted By: jakewash
Originally Posted By: fredk
Overall, I have been accorded the same level of courtesy and respect that I have showed.
That's the best thing you can do even if you do have an overly zealous power tripper on your hands, keep calm and be respectful even if the officer isn't, eventually they do relax and become human again.

Yep, good advice. I don't stoop down to anyone's level if they are being disparaging to me, as it makes me inferior; I've learned to rise above it, thanks to the teachings of Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Sometimes, yes, people will calm down, but not always. The age and look of an individual has a lot to do with it. You're a clean cut, sophisticated looking guy, Fred. Now, if you had scruffy hair and a scruffy beard (rastafarian Frederoo smile ), with a not so sophisticated look, the story would probably be different. A caucasian person in a suit is given a supposed duly heightened respect that supercedes everyone in society, witch isn't right.

Unfortunately said technique didn't work out for this young lad or these people .

Heck, I've only had one or two questionable experiences. But then again, I stay as far away from cops as possible.

I respect your guys opinions and love the discussions smile .

Peace and love.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.