Originally Posted By: majik
Did you (or anyone here) have the v2 of the Q8s? Is there significant difference in sound quality? (I looked it up on the "what's new at axiom" - v3 thread to find the answer, and went through approx. 20pages before giving up... so I apologize if this has been addressed before - which I'm sure it has been).

I’m not sure if anyone on this forum has commented on any difference but Axiom put this review in it’s last newsletter where the reviewer says there is.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/home-thea...ew.html?start=3

Originally Posted By: review

The new QS8s were a surprise too. I didn’t expect a very noticeable change from my old QS8s but I clearly heard a difference. The new quadrants had much more presence and a larger sound field. They made my v2s seem polite by comparison. And yes, I did take the time to level-match the new speakers with the old.

I did an A/B comparison using v2 vs v3 as surrounds and couldn’t tell any difference FWIW.

However, I have found one difference. When I knock over one of the new ones the magnetic grill just falls off rather than the mounting pegs breaking off which has happened to me a couple times.

Last edited by grunt; 12/24/10 07:48 PM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1