Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Originally Posted By: kcarlile
What I really want is the dynamic EQ. Or maybe the dynamic other thing. Kinda like night mode.

Both Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ are awesome. The room setup stuff / calibration I could take or leave.

I personally don't really like the results of the Audyssey calibration but ironically most of the time I have Audyssey ON. I like the way my system sounds without EQ but it needs to be at high volumes. If at low or even moderate volumes, I start to lose some of the "feel" of the material played. Since our ears are more sensitive to high frequencies than lower, I find that at lower volumes I am missing some of the bass that would require to have the volume much higher to hear properly. So:
1) If I'm at home by myself, I'll have the volume pretty loud and no EQ. Unfortunately that doesn't happen very often.
2) Most of the time I'll have the volume at moderate level and have Dynamic EQ on. Even though the highs don't sound as good as with no EQ, at least I get to hear the bass level closer to what I should hear.
3) At night when everybody is sleeping, I use dynamic volume so I can hear everything clearly without having this huge volume change.
I really think both Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume are very usefull features. I just wish their principal could be applied without the EQ settings generated by Audyssey.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."