Originally Posted By: michael_d
My friends tell me the same thing. They love them. I do know that many are pissed off at all the new ones (dodge, ford, GM) because they have a slew of emissions crap on them that is creating reliability issues. I think 2007 is about as new as you can get without the new headaches. I would stay clear of Ford. I know more folks who have moved from Ford than any other brand. My sister had two of them that gave her nothing but problems. She now has a Dodge Mega-cab and so far, she likes it. But GM does have the Alison and from what I gather, that's the tranny to beat. The new Cummings paired up with the Alison would be a heck of a drive train. I have an 08 Sierra Denali with AWD. I love the truck, it has plenty of power (with the help of some bolt on's), but if I were to tow on a frequent basis, I'd swap it out for the new Sierra Denali 3/4 ton with Duromax. That truck looks pretty sweet..

The guys that own the business next to ours switched from Ford '04-'05 Diesels and went to Dodge with the Cummins '06-'07 and then switched back to Ford except for a couple of them who switched to the Duramax/Allison. They had engine issues with their Fords and everything but engine issues with the Dodges, the newer Fords they bought have been trouble free so far. Our business has a couple of the problematic years Ford F-450s ('06-'07) that get the dickens worked out of and thus far they have been trouble free and also I personally have an '06 F250 with the 6.0 diesel that has been trouble free for the 92k miles I've put on it since new.

I've owned nothing but diesels since '96 (Cummins, a couple of 7.3 Powerstrokes and my current 6.0) but I'm not so sure I'd go back to another diesel ... our current gas price is $3.07 compared to $3.48 for diesel, you'll probably pay about $5k (guess) for the initial cost of the diesel engine and now they're using that urea crap for emissions. If the price of diesel gets as high as it was a couple of years back plan on spending about $150 or more for every tank full (25 gal tank), whatever the cost of that urea crap is and over $100 for oil changes.

Rick
Our Room

smile