Originally Posted By: michael_d
2011 6.7 ltr. 350 hp / 800 trq. They say there is no need for urea and it also has the engine brake. I have not looked at the 3/4 tons, but I do like the 1/2 tons. The coil over rear suspension would be nice.

2012 dodge will have an 8 speed.

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/2011/ram_2500_3500/capability/powertrain/

Mike you are right about the Dodge/Cummins not using urea for their '11 trucks. The father/son duo I work for has a '10 1/2 ton and '11 3/4 ton Cummins respectively and both trucks are really nice, I haven't ridden in the father's '10 1/2 ton but it really seems to have some nice features and the styling is super nice ... the bult-in tool/cooler boxes on either side of the exterior bed (above the wheel wells) is neat as beans and is actually very usable and built for the work minded individual. I've ridden in the son's '11 Cummins 3/4 ton and my first impression is that Dodge *finally* stepped up to the plate with their styling/features, it has a boat load of power and runs extremely quiet. Time will tell whether or not the body and accessories will hold up better than their past trucks, I'm thinking it will. I'm really digging what I've seen so far with both trucks.

Whenever I had my Dodge/Cummins I absolutely loved the power of the Cummins engine but I had a lot of minor issues and whenever the transmission kicked the bucket at 162k miles I traded it off. The interior was the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned.

Rick
Our Room

smile