Originally Posted By: Adrian
I'm sure anyone in their 40's remembers well, the growing disdain for 'Disco' in the mid late 70s. My school was completely segregated between the Rockers and the Disco..uh..'ers. East side of school, rocker hangout...west side of school, disco hangout.

I remember tons of "Disco Sucks" banners, painted on sheets, at lots of mid-late 70's rock shows. Imagine just how gross those sheets must have been for college students and hippies to see them as expendable???

And, yes, love the Byrds. Among best of 60's? You bet. Not on topic for me, though.

Doesn't matter how great, it's not on THIS list if it didn't snag-me-hopeless. It's not, "Oh, these guys are great!" It's What and Who TF is this and where can I get more more of it, now!" First listen---song's not even finished yet---gotta have, gotta have.

Byrds didn't do that for me. Remember, I'm old, so Dylan got there first. Had Dylan 45's. Deeply appreciated his "need" amd gigantic influence over everything. I just couldn't bear to hear him to his own songs.

OK. Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35, maybe, yes.

Last edited by BobKay; 02/24/11 07:12 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.