IMEO, no one here writes at a high school level, so no one should be concerned. You shoulda seen some of the stuff I got handed by undergrads as a t.a. in a very $notty univer$ity. It wouldn't have earned even a 'C' in my highschool.

In general, there is a high level of clear thinking here (clearly misguided at times, too, but clear). Concise thinking is nothing without the ability to articualate it and that exisits here on a higher plane than anyone should expect from a non-academic forum.

Academic forums are are big yawn, except when two hotheads start pounding each other during something arcane, like a "Sign vs. Symbol" argument. Then a 3rd person calls them both out because she says it's a "Signifier" and neither of the other two.

Ultimately these days, it usually devolves into a debate over contemporary French philosphy----and no one wants that. Ewwww!

Next come the academic insults and everyone's scholarship is questioned then maligned.

I really think it gets as heady here as possible without sliding into dogma wars. Otherwise, it's just a tiny pond full of finless barracuda----they know they can still bite everything, but they just can't swim to it.

I only wanna play polker with people I know can beat me. If I didn't feel the same about this "place," I wouldn't keep coming back.

Like I've said, I came for the information, but stuck around for the bad attitudes.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.