if 5-6k is your budget, you could get the m60's and a vp150, which is what i just ordered, that will cost you about 2400$, and you could do like me if you wanted and get an outlaw amp/pre-amp.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/

a buddy of mine is a huge audiophile, and has all NHT speakers.. i told him about the axiom's that i was getting and he thinks that i will enjoy them very much... btw, my buddy has a 15-20k$ set up.. he is running 5 Adcom mono blocks, and he was thinking about getting the outlaw product, because it is a very good product, and would reduce space at his house, but he decided not to.. not because of the quality of the product, but for other reasons.

You should check out the outlaw products you might like what you see, they are like axiom, and internet only company. If you can wait, I will write up a review on my impressions of the system that I bought, and you can see what I have to say if you like.

Good luck with your decision, I researched for about 3 weeks, before I decided on axiom, I also looked at the NHT speakers… but decided on axiom…

Hope this helps, and doesn’t confuse you.