In reply to:

Originally posted by Chess
Once again i reiterate, forget about the exact dB measurements using pink noise. It is not 100% relevant with a proper range of sound tones and this is not a "problem" with the VP150. Even the tweeters and drivers on your main speakers will produce the same SPL effect but vertically rather than horizontally.

And let me reiterate, of all the centers I've had in my home NONE have demonstrated this behavior on Pink Noise or any other noise. And none have had the rather unique TWWWT arrangement of the VP150. Coincidence? Hmmmm...

Re your second point, for a seated listener, the issue of the vertical plane is irrelevant. Most speakers are meant to be listened to while seated. Moving horizontally with your left and right speakers will NOT give the db changes experienced with the VP150, which is why some recommend normally mounted mains for use as centers, and why many manufacturers such as NHT, CSW, Revel, Rocket, Infinity, Ariel, von Schweickert, etc include proper mid-ranges above or below the tweeters in their high end center channel. They do it, so you won't get these measurement anomalies that you get with the WTW or TWWWT arrangements. I'd love to see anechoic measurements of the VP150 on axis at 15, 30 and 45 to see if it demonstrates the expected suckout in this type of arrangement. You can search Stereophile Guide on-line and see legion WTW centers with this suckout. Now, maybe you'll tell me this is inaudible...I heard it.