Ok tony, one more round.

In reply to:

Nor have I said in the post you are quoting that I heard it with music.

Then if you did not hear it with music, why conclude the VP150 is faulty?
The pink noise test is not completely relevant due to its nature. Music is relevant.

In reply to:

If you go out a little more (outside of this forum) and read some of the center channel tests done by SGHT among others you'll actually see what I'm talking about.

If you get all your info from magazines then you really are misunderstanding alot. Magazines are not scientifically reviewed publications and their results for tests do not hold water. I read alot more outside this single forum. Do not assume i'm stuck only here at Axiom. That would be a very erroneous conclusion.

Regarding posts from other forums:

In reply to:

I just checked that website.... the driver layout of that speaker is going to cause all sorts of interference problems in the area the tweeters operate in.

This conclusion is based on what data? Visual assessment of the drivers?
That is truly a biased opinion if i've ever heard one.
The rest of his post from what you clipped out, does not answer anything.

As for the second posted reply:
In reply to:

The designer may have access to NRC's facilities, but a tool is only as good as its user, and for something as complicated as speaker design, many tools often lay out booby traps for their users."

I will be sure to let everyone know after the Axiom tour if all i see is a bunch of monkeys in a room with typewriters.
I will also be sure to test Ian and his skills with a measuring ruler. After 20 years of working with sound electronics with one of the most revered acoustic scientists in the field (Dr. Floyd Toole) at a very expensive government lab, yes, this guy must be right. Ian doesn't know a damn thing.
How incredibly insulting to Axiom and their engineers.

In reply to:

Now maybe Ian is on to something, but it certainly is not a driver layout that is supported by generally accepted loudspeaker design theory.

Generally accepted?
You've got to be kidding me. This poll came from where exactly?

In reply to:

I certainly think you have an agenda: to justify your purchase and defend it against any criticism.

Insulting my integrity or the integrity of anyone who made a decision to buy Axiom speakers based on their always open policy for providing useful and scientifically credible information about their products will not change the fact that you also own Axioms. Perhaps you had better return your M2s since according to the poster from the Lexicon forum, they apparently equate to nothing more than a cardboard box with some metal parts constructed by a boob.
In reply to:

Unfortunately, the anomalies I heard (and measured)

Once again, as you stated at the beginning, only heard with PINK NOISE!!!.
I refuse to try and explain that concept again.
In reply to:

if this is such a great driver layout, how come no other manufacturer has picked up on it?

The Honda Civic is probably the world's best car for gas mileage near 70mpg. How come every car maker does not make an equivalent? How come only Honda and Toyota are producing hybrids? They are also a new and great idea. If so, why haven't the other companies hopped onboard?
This argument is incredibly feeble as proof of anything. Please quit using it.

Incidentally Tony, there are alot of questions from my last post that you have not answered. Holes in the story must be filled.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."