This will be a fun build. Not as fancy as a lot of the theaters out there, but I just keep moving up, so that's good.

V1.0 was an existing children's playroom in our house 2 houses ago (circa 2000) that had all sorts of dents and crayon marks on the walls. My sound treatments were using adhesive to "glue" thick felt to the walls/ceiling (which actually reduced a lot of sound echo in the room) and using a variety of Christmas light strands, intertwined with some set to "twinkle" and all of that covered by a different type of felt for a "star ceiling". The room was chock full of crappy KLH speakers all over the place. Heck, it was a 10.2 setup. Bass shakers and real movie theater seats (8 of them) plus a couch up front. The screen was a massive 47" rear projection TV elevated off of the floor. I was, however, the first person I knew that had DTS in their house, and DTS titles were very rare. Colors in the room : Black and gray

V2.0 was in a common area in the basement of my previous house. I finally decided to get some better equipment. Pioneer Elite receiver, a nice Sanyo front projector, a massive SVS sub, and of course, my Axioms. Pictures can be found on my web site at Click here and then click on the 2.0 link under The Incredibles screen shot. Seating was a single 4 person couch, lighting control was horrible (dimmable lighting zones, but despite solid metal window blinds, light still came in more than desired during the day. No sound treatments. Added a hd-dvd player over time. Colors in the room : Light blue, dark blue, white, and taupe.

V3.0 was at the same house, but I moved everything into a dedicated room. Click here and then click on the 3.0 link. The equipment stayed the same (added a blu-ray player, popcorn machine, and my fiber optic star ceiling). Couch changed to something more comfortable, but still crappy and only had seating for 4 on it. Room dimensions were junk, but I could make the room really dark (4 dimmable light zones, no windows, and a super thick curtain for a door. No sound treatments, but some cool looking carpet. smile Colors in the room : Black, gray, and dark blue.

V4.0 is in our current house that we bought the end of May this year.
It will have a new receiver, new projector, new blu-ray player, and a second sub. Some level of sound proofing (DD+GG, insulation, and staggered/double walls), bass traps and 1st reflection point absorption. 2 rows of seats (for 8 people total). Fiber optic star ceiling will return as well. the room will be dedicated (of course) and built to spec instead of what was already there or available (with exception of the ceiling height and width limitations). Colors have not been picked yet.

Last edited by nickbuol; 07/15/11 05:02 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020